Thursday, July 7, 2011

I am...

Completed my 3 days of Effective Writing Skills course. Before we end our session, we were asked to write a poem entitled "I Am".

Method:  
 I Am
I am (two special characteristics)
I wonder (something you are actually curious about)
I hear (an imaginary sound)
I see (an imaginary sight)
I want (an actual desire)
I am (the first line of the poem restated)

I pretend (something you pretend to do)
I feel (a feeling about something imaginary)
I touch (an imaginary touch)
I worry (something that really bothers you)
I cry (something that makes you very sad)
I am (the first line of the poem repeated)

I understand (something you know is true)
I say (something you believe in)
I dream (something you actually dream about)
I try (something you make an effort to do)
I hope (something you actually hope for)
I am (the first line of the poem repeated)
 

There are many ways to do this. For example:

 I Am
 I am sharp and focused
I wonder what the camera really sees
I hear the buzzing bee
I see flowers in early morning light
I want to stop time in a box
I am sharp and focused

I pretend to be a statue
I feel the shakes inside
I touch the shutter button
I worry about the blurry result
I cry that the moment has forever passed
I am sharp and focused

I understand moments in time
I say let's freeze them forever
I dream of watercolor effects coming to life
I try to see all the soft muted edges
I hope it happens someday
I am sharp and focused

We were only asked to complete 2 stanzas as the time left was limited. It was supposed to be fun. But mine end up like this: (T_T)

  I Am
 I am unique and independence of my mind
I wonder what people think of me when I voice my thoughts
I hear them mocking when I turn around
I see them looking at me differently because I disagree
I want to be accepted and treated the same
I am unique and independence of my mind

I pretend to be someone that I am not
I feel hurt not being able to be myself
I touch the sorrow in my heart
I worry too much about unimportant matters
I cry when people don't understand my thoughts
I am unique and independence of my mind


Better luck next time. (^__^)

No comments:

Post a Comment